Thursday, February 6, 2014

Baby Girl Nursery

Since finding out about baby girl I have been having so much fun preparing the nursery for her arrival.  From buying furniture to picking out small décor details I have LOVED every minute.  Now with her arrival a month away the nursery is set and ready.  The only thing missing is baby girl. 

Back in September we started the process by moving out all of the furniture in the bedroom.  The nursery had previously been a guest bedroom.  So sorry for anyone visiting us in the future.  It's only couches and blowup mattresses here.  :)  Drew and I both felt strongly about not painting the room.  It will be easy to change out décor in the future. 

Then came time for furniture shopping.  We bought our crib from Walmart.  I know what you all are thinking.  Annie HATES Walmart and you are totally correct.  However, I love a good deal even more.  Plus I had it shipped to store and sent my hubby to pick it up.  :)  Then we moved our big recliner from the basement up into the room.  I wasn't sure about it at first but all of my Mommy friends assured me I wouldn't regret a comfortable recliner in the nursery.  The last furniture piece I found was a small dresser that was in my parent's basement.  I painted it white with pink accents and her furniture was done. 

Here are a few pictures of her nursery. 


The pink flower picture on the wall belonged to my Grandma Ellen.  I have been saving it in hopes of hanging it in a little girls nursery someday.  :)  I love having a piece of her in the nursery.

I received so many thoughtful gifts for baby girl.  The bird cage stores advice cards that my friends and family filled out for me.  I love having them stored right in the nursery for me to read anytime.

Being a teacher I have MANY books for baby girl.  I'm not sure I will always store them on the shelf but for now it is nice for them to have a home that's not in the basement getting dusty. 

I was so excited about this picture frame find from Hobby Lobby.  It has a picture of Drew and I with our Moms.  I will add one of baby girl and I at some point. 

I still need to buy a changing pad so I guess I can't say the nursery is 100% done.  :)

This little girl will be one well dressed gal.  I'm afraid I may need to take up my outfits a notch to keep up.  Our friends and family were so generous!

I loved finding these bins to store her clothes we won't need for a time.  Plus I will have a place to put the ones she grows out of eventually. 

The storage bins are great for all her gear.  I like that they look organized but I can just throw everything in the bins. 

I know her nursery will change and evolve once she arrives and everything will no longer be in a perfect place.  However, it has been so fun getting her nursery ready!  Now we just wait for her to arrive!  One month to go!!!

2 comments:

  1. Looks awesome, Annie! You are so organized. Your little babe will be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are so many special touches to baby girl's nursery. She is so blessed to have you two as parents! "Let the Games Begin" and let's get this little princess introduced to her "baby cave" and the amazing parents she will spend her life with! Priceless!

    ReplyDelete