Thursday, August 15, 2013

July and August Cooking Club

Since I am so behind on my blog I have both July and August cooking club pictures.  :)  We are three months into our cooking club and we have had so much fun together.  I love getting new recipes, having wonderful girl time and getting to travel to each of our houses.  Each month I look forward to the first Tuesday of the month! 

In July Bethany hosted a Christmas in July night!  She had the table set with beautiful Christmas china.  It was so fun to come in from the heat of the summer and think cold Christmas time. 


We all got out our Christmas comfort food recipes and got to cooking.  We had a dinner with all the fixings from lamb to a desert cookie trey!  It was a super yummy dinner! 


This month Diane hosted a pinterest night!  All of our recipes had to come from pinterest.  We all love pinterest so the hardest part was picking one recipe.  Diane had the table beautifully set with flowers and candles.


It was such a fun theme and it made for some great recipes!  Bethany made a chicken parmesan main dish and it was so yummy.  I was super excited about it because I know I could get Drew to eat it!  You can click any of the pictures to get all of our recipes and pin them yourself! 


Lydia brought a yummy passion fruit and lemonade tea.  It was super yummy and uses Starbucks tea.  

 
Brianna made perfect cucumber sandwiches for an appetizer to munch on while we cooked.  I love appetizers because we always come hungry but have at least 45 minutes of cooking before we eat.  These would be perfect at a party or shower.
 
 
Carrie and I were in charge of side dishes.  She brought a really good asparagus and tater toss.  It had bacon, potatoes and asparagus.  I can see myself using this recipe lots! 
 
 
I made an avocado, corn and tomato salad.  It was easy and great for the summer when produce is good.  I also showed the girls how I learned to cook corn in the microwave and easily get it out of the husk.  I found it on pinterest and it has changed how I cook corn forever!  Be sure to pin this!!!
 
 
 
Finally it was on to my favorite part of any meal... dessert!  Vanessa brought two delicious desserts.  One was a peanut butter cheesecake cookie.  Seriously could you go wrong!!?? 
 

She also made peanut butter chocolate chunk cookies.  These seriously melted in your mouth.  So good!  Added bonus there are only six ingredients. 


Overall pinterest night was a HUGE success!  This may be a night we repeat a few times in the year!  I am already excited about next month. 




No comments:

Post a Comment