Thursday, February 21, 2013

Snow Day

Today Omaha got hit with a HUGE snow storm!  It was a wonderfully cozy snow day!  I had lots of house work to do but there was no way I was doing all of that on a snow day.  So….. I decided to work on craft projects for my sister’s bridal shower.  Yeah!!
As many of you know my sister, Rita, is getting married on June 29th.  Wahoo!!  I am so excited!  I am her matron of honor so I have been busy helping with all the wedding details I can.  On March 16th Chelsey and I will be hosting a pampered chef bridal shower for Rita.  It is going to be the first shower to kick off the wedding activities!  I am so excited!
So on my bonus day off I decided to make some crafts for the shower.  First I created this decorative ball.  I used a styrofoam ball for the center.  Then I used pearl push pins to attach cupcake liners to the center.  I am debating which stand I will put it on for the shower but I am really happy with how it turned out. 

 
 
Then I also created this cute little sign to hang on the mantle.  I first saw it for sale on etsy and I decided I could easily make it.  I will be adding another couple of bows to add some color but that will have to wait until after the snow passes. 

 
 On Wednesday I came across this awesome punch bowl at a thrift shop.  I have been wanting a punch bowl for the shower and I was just about to spend $40 on one I liked at Bed Bath and Beyond.  Then I found this awesome little find!  It is a punch bowl with eight cups.  And can you guess the price???........ you won't believe it....... $1.06!  It was a great find!!

It was a great snow day!  It was made even better by Rita spending the afternoon and night with us.  Our home is so much closer to her work so she won’t have to make the long drive to work tomorrow.  It was fun to work on these crafts and have her help as well.  So fun!!  Great snow day!!  Heber loves having Rita here too!
 

1 comment:

  1. I love this! I think it's so pretty and will work great! Looks like they would be fun to make! Count me in if you need help!

    ReplyDelete