Monday, June 2, 2014

Ellen's 3 Months

This month Ellen has been very busy growing and changing right before our eyes!  She has a whole new set of party tricks she likes to show off.  :) 
 
 
This month she started rolling over from her tummy to her back.  She did it once during her first month but I was convinced it was a total accident.  Now she rolls over more frequently.  However, I am learning she will not do it on command when I have an audience to watch.  I think I should get used to this.  :) 


This month Ellen has discovered her hands!  She is obsessed.  She will look at them, flex them, curl them into little tight fists and of course chew on them.  She loves to attempt to stick her whole fist in her mouth.  She has not ever found a finger or thumb to suck on consistently but she always has her fingers in her mouth.  As I write now I am watching her on the baby monitor chomping on her hand that she somehow got out of her swaddle.  She LOVES her hands! 


Another new development this month is she blows adorable little spit bubbles.  You know you are a Mom when you find drooling spit bubbles absolutely adorable. 


At the beginning of the month Drew and I finally broke down and bought Ellen a little bath tub.  We had been holding out to see if we could get along with smaller options but our backs were killing from bending over for bath time.  So we bought a little bath tub to put in the kitchen sink for her.  And may I say..... worth. every. penny!!!  Ellen LOVES bath time.  She kicks and squeals the whole time.  We give her a bath every night because she loves it so much.  When we take her out of the tub she screams and gets so upset!  Ellen loves her tub and we love no longer having back aches.


This month we celebrated Mother's Day.  I got so spoiled by Drew and Ellen.  They brought me flowers, Starbucks and even made my favorite blueberry crisp for breakfast.  We also got to spend the day with Drew's family.  Marcia and I snuck away for pedicures.  It was wonderful!!!  At church they took Mother's Day photos for all the Moms.  All I wanted for Mother's Day was a family picture.  I also got some cute ones with Ellen. 



Here are a few other things Ellen has been up to this month.....

During these beautiful spring days we love going on walks with good friends!  It is a time to get outside and enjoy some fresh air!  I of course also LOVE the girl time. 



We got to have a visit from the Dudley's.  They are so sweet!



We celebrated Memorial Day weekend with my family in Gothenburg.  We were only missing Sam from the crew.  It was a wonderful relaxing weekend.  We spent time together eating, laughing and flying a kite.  All American fun!  Ellen also got to meet Aunt Jackie and Uncle Alex for the first time. 









It has been another wonderful month with our sweet baby girl!  We can't wait to see what is to come next month! 
 

On a completely unrelated note..... I found my first grey hairs this month.  :)  Something tells me the "all nighters" I have been pulling the last few months have caught up to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment