Friday, May 2, 2014

Ellen's 2 Months

This last month Ellen has grown SO much.  She is packing on the pounds and growing like a weed!  It is such a joy to watch her change each and everyday.  Most nights when Drew comes home from work he says she looks bigger then when he left for work and I agree with him. 


During the last month Ellen has become much more alert.  Her wake times are getting longer and she rolled from her tummy to her back.  I know it was not on purpose but the look on her face was priceless. 


On Easter she gave Grandma Marcia her first social smile.  Since then she smiles lots.  She is most smiley in the morning.  She is a morning girl!  She got that from her Dad and not me.  Here are a few of her smiles.  They are hard to catch on camera. 




Most everyone says she looks like Drew and I would agree.  However, every now and then I see me too.  Here is a picture of me and Ellen at the same age.  I'm in there too.  :) 


At her two month appointment she weighed 11 lbs 4 oz.  I am one proud Momma.  Her height was 23.5 inches.  Her doctor could not believe how long/tall she is for her age.  This is again something she did not get from me.  She took her shots like a trooper but I hated to hear her hurt cry.  :( 

This month Ellen got to meet Aunt Rita for the first time.  She came and stayed the weekend with us.  Ellen got lots of love and attention from Aunt Rita and Aunt Chelsey all weekend.  We hated to see Rita go home!  We miss having Rita and Alex in Omaha so much!




At the end of this month Ellen has started sleeping through the night.  We put her down around 10pm-11pm and she is up around 6am-7am.  I however haven't got great sleep because I keep getting up to check if she is breathing.  :)  Since it's new I'm still not used to our new routine.  She has continued her fussy evenings.  She is very fussy and hard to console in the evening for 2-3 hours.  It makes our evenings harder but we have been reassured over and over that it is normal. 



Ellen has some funny hair growth right now.  The hair on the top of her head has turned very fuzzy and she is loosing a patch of hair on the back of her head where she has the most hair growth.  She also has this long piece of hair on the crown of her head the cracks me up.  I took a picture because I never want to forget how funny and cute her hair has been this month.



Here are a few other things Ellen was up to this month....

She had a play date with the Thimm twins.  It is so much fun to have babies so close together.  Poor little Will was out numbered!  Ellen kept sucking on Reese's hand the whole time. 



 
She got to meet Noelle Papik.  Bob and Maggie are so proud of their new little sister.  It will be so fun to have girls so close in age.

Heber spends most of his day right next to Ellen.  I know they will be best friends once Ellen starts moving.  He has been so good with her. 


This is a picture from the day we took Ellen home and her in the same outfit recently.  It's crazy how fast she is growing! 


Eli is back in Nebraska for a few months.  It was so fun to introduce E & E.  I know they will have so much fun in the years to come. 


We celebrated Easter with family and she had the cutest dress! 





Dad brought her back this turtle from his time in CA.  We put it on her rock and play and she LOVES it.  Heber also is a fan of the turtle. 


She got to meet Helen who is a dear family friend.  Ellen loved her so much!  It melted my heart!


Another month with Ellen has been an amazing blessing.  We had some challenging times and endless amounts of joy.  I wouldn't change a minute!  I can't wait for month 3!
 

 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing, Annie. I agree, I see you more and more in her each time I see her. She is such a doll baby. How is she 2 months old already??!!

    ReplyDelete